Online Sports Management MBA
Become an athletics manager at the intercollegiate or professional level with an online sports management MBA. In this set of courses, you’ll apply the leadership and financial skills that the Lynn online MBA program offers to the management of sports and fitness organizations.
While pursuing an online sports management MBA, you’ll learn to create an optimal environment for interpersonal and business growth while examining the issues that affect the future of the industry. You’ll also gain practice applying management theory and practical techniques to the real world challenges of organizing a successful athletic department through the specialization’s internship requirement. This specialization offers a focused, useful set of skills to become invaluable assets at any level of the sports administration field, whether collegiate, professional, or recreational.
The coursework covers diverse concerns specific to sports management, such as:
- Title IX compliance
- Athlete salary
- Recruiting policies
- Facility management
- Public relations
Graduates of this specialization can apply their skills in the following areas:
- Professional sports team administration
- Sports and fitness marketing
- Private and public health club management
- Sports stadium administration
The curriculum for the sport management specialization differs from the traditional MBA in that it offers more specialization coursework. To earn an online sports management MBA, students must complete the following courses (in addition to the core curriculum):
- SAM 604 — Management of Sports Business
- SAM 610 — Sports Marketing and Public Relations
- SAM 630 — Legal Aspects of Athletics
- SAM 635 — Issues in Intercollegiate and Professional Sports
- SAM 670 — Current Topics in Sport Management
- SAM 680 — Internship in Sports Management
To learn more about Lynn University and one of the top online MBA programs in Florida download a free brochure by filling out the fields below. You can also call (877) 388-7239 to speak to one of our admission counselors about the degree program.